My Faithful Followers

Saturday, August 11, 2012

EDITED------Just when I thought I was finished--------Yes I am still trying to..

Hey all my faithful followers!! I am really trying hard to keep posting here and need all the support I can get!! I have been working on some birthday party decorations for my neighbor girl that is turning 4 next week end..Thought I should share them before I forget. Still need to add a flag to the top of the castles, but I was surprised how easy they were to put together. I used the Once upon a princess cartridge for the castle and the banner is cuts from celebrations cartridge. I am not really happy with how the banner turned out but guess I will settle with it...Running out of time. I am so happy that you took the time to drop by and please leave me a comment So I know you came to see my Blog!!  
     Before                                                                          
So today I got a brilliant Idea to make the castle look like it really had a foundation and this is what I came up with!!
I used a 12x12 piece of chipboard and covered it with some brown card stock. I had some green grass looking stuff that I found at the goodwill. and started covering the board and went around the castle with it. Then that was not enough I thought, it needed a bridge for the gate, and then comes the water for under the bridge,I had some prismatic paper that i had picked up a while back at wal mart, it looks like water! so I took some gold paper and formed a little bridge....then a railing for the bridge, I used paperdoll dress up cartridge for the railing(cut at 1 1/2 inches) and added a fence all the way around it,added more grass around the fence. Oh did I mention that I added Flags to it!! I am very excited for Peyton to see her princess things!! Now I am working on the little gift bags that go with everything. Carri I hope that I will be able to make it to her party!!

                                                                            After


  Oh and whats a castle with out a Princess, cut at 3 1/2 inches with (Once Upon A Princess Cartridge)> I have a good friend that might be making a carriage for this but  not sure if it will be done in time? That's all, and I am Proud of this and sometimes I have good Ideas and they go together so good and sometimes not...LOL Today was a good Crafting Day!! Thanks for stopping by!!

♥Crafty Hugs♥
♥Rexann♥

7 comments:

  1. Hi, Rexanne. Oh, but the castle is just toooo adorable -- how sweet for a 4 year old!!! And I don't see anything at all wrong with the banner, it looks great to me!

    Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a lot of work ~ I am sure she is going to love them!!Great job!
    http://michelescraftroom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great Reann...she will love her Princess Party...YOu are so sweet and thoughtful :) ~hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. That castle is amazing. Fabulous job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...I SWORE I left you a comment on here...did you censor me Rex?!? Haha!! I think your work is incredible and can't wait to see it in person!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rexanne! Wow! These came out fabulous! I love the pretty card stock that you used for the castles! They look, "High quality" classy! What a very lucky little girl! I can just imagine all of the little girls eyes wide as saucers when they see how special the princess party is!
    I am happy to be your newest follower!
    Warmest Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete