Here we are already Thanksgiving and Christmas Right around the corner!! I can not believe that a Year has already passed by! I hope that all of my bloggy friends and followers Have a Super Safe and Good Day with your family and or Friends! It is a Beautiful Day here in the Pacific Northwest!! I am Spending this day With My Wonderful Husband! Very Quiet and Cozy!! Here is a fantastic shot of Mount Ranier!! Enjoy Your Day!! Very soon I will be involved in a Blog Hop and looking Forward to it! More Details to come soon!!
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Well I have my cards finished and so now I will be linking them over at Madison's for all to see along with my Banner. I was having a hard time with my crafty mojo and I was at a loss and running out of time to get all of them into the mail. I went to my stack of old Christmas cards from years past and just went to town, and here is the end Result!!
This card only has a little bit of recycled items, the merry Christmas on front and the inside red and gold strips. It is the paper I used in my banner and the ornament is from Stampin'up Bundle.
Tree is from the Christmas Lodge set, also Stampin 'Up
Thanks for stopping by!!
Posted by Rexann Menz at 11:09 PM
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
I had such a great time seeing all the awesome banners and there were so many good ones that they were all winners!! I did do the random generator for my own blog candy and the results: Jenny D Congrat's Jenny!! And if you could e-mail me with your address I will get your Blog candy to you : email@example.com This is what you won:
And I have a few cards that I have made a while back and have never gotten around to posting them!!
This is the Tree stamp that is part of the Christmas Lodge set and Stampin' Up is offering it as a single purchase! Love this stamp! Top note die and crumb cake ribbon.
This is from the Countryside set and it is an awesome set as well!!
I fell in love with this Ornament and had to have the set, which is still available until the 2nd of January. I did not have the SU tulle so I used some I had in my craft room, and the button is also non-SU but I did spray with glimmer mist to make it shine.
I really love my top note die and have used it into so many projects!! Found this Idea on Pinterest Such a fun and easy box to make for any Occasion!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a Great week!!!
Posted by Rexann Menz at 11:38 AM
Monday, November 12, 2012
Welcome to day # 3
"In the eyes of children, we find the joy of Christmas. In their hearts, we find its meaning."
As joyous as Christmas is for most families, for some, their holidays are filled with worry, medical treatments and tests, and pain -- for their child must be hospitalized or she or he needs long-term care rather than being home with their families.
For these kids, Santa doesn't slip down a chimney but rather, often comes in the guise of community volunteers who help make the season bright.
Hey all and welcome to the Christmas Banner Event!! Ellen at Card Monkey's Paper Jungle is hosting this mega event this weekend. Our assignment? To make a Christmas themed banner that will later be sent to a pediatric specialty care facility that helps special needs children.
Our wonderful sponsors are:
These sponsors have already agreed to contribute to our CHRISTMAS/WINTER HOLIDAY Blog Hop (November 10-17). Please patronize these vendors as our way of saying thanks!
- Susan Bermudez, Independent Consultant for Creative Memories, donating a $20 gift certificate for Creative Memories products from her catalog (http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/susanbermudez/).
- Lucy Kelleher, Independent Consultant for Close to My Heart, donating a $20 gift certificate for CTMH products.
- Scrappin' Madge: $25 Gift Certificate to The Scrappin Lounge Shoppe.
- Fresh Brewed Designs: Two prizes - One prize is a rubber stamp, Item #497 "Cutie Pie Ice Skating" (http://www.freshbreweddesigns.com/item_497/Cutie-Pie-Ice-Skating.htm), and the other is a $15 Digital Stamp gift card.
- The Paper Temptress (www.papertemptress.com) - Owner Patricia Dunbar will donate a $25 Gift Certificate to her online store, the Paper Temptress.
- The Pinque Peacock (www.pinquepeacock.com) - Owners Jessica Shelton will donate a gift certificate to her NEW store (products are being added daily -- watch as she grows!)
This is the line up for today:
For Monday, November 12:
- Ellen ~ CardMonkey - http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com/
- Marianne - http://paperorfabric.blogspot.com/
- Beckie ~ http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com/
- Tami - http://tamboscreations.blogspot.com/
- Heather D. - http://joemamainks.blogspot.com/
- Jearise - http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com/
- Susan B - http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/
- Jamie M. http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/
- Linda Simpson - http://lindasimpsoncraftypieceofheaven.blogspot.com/
- Theresa ~ www.thescrapbookingqueen.com_
- Vicky - http://www.luvmygypsy.blogspot.com/
- Debbie T- http://debbiescrafttime.blogspot.co.uk/
- Pam Funk - http://dreamersklub.blogspot.com/
- Shelly - http://kccroppers.blogspot.com/
- Alina - http://neverstopscrapping.blogspot.com/
- Lisa L. - http://lisascreativeniche.blogspot.com/
- Nancie - http://alittlepieceofmebynancie.blogspot.com/
- Dorcas - http://craftycardangel.com/
- Debbie _http://craftydeb-ddscrafts.blogspot.com/
- Rexann - http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
I'll be sending this to Madison and the children at CHCC who are benefiting from the
I Feel the Love project in December:
I Feel the Love project in December:
I really have to admit honestly that this is my very first banner I have ever made! The banner was made from the Cricut die cutting machine and Spellbinders Poinsettia die. Love the way it turned out. The cartridge's I used was Winter Woodland for the font and for the banners the cut is from the Celebrations cartridge. I used red tulle to tie it together and attached the "merry" with glue. I found the idea on Youtube, but don't remember the gal's address, so sorry. I love that Ellen does this Banner event for specific holidays including: Halloween, Christmas (and Winter holidays), Valentine's Day and Spring Holidays . Thanks for dropping by and enjoy all the super banners that all the other participants have made. There are so many great crafty gals involved! I am giving away my own candy (very cool Candy) and if you leave me a comment telling me your favorite Banner I will have do a random pull from all my comments. and post the winner on Tuesday. I want to thank Ellen for allowing me to be part of a very special event and I am the last stop on the hop. hope you enjoy your Hoilday's with your loved ones. Now hop back to Ellen's
Saturday, November 10, 2012
Just to let ya all know I am involved in a blog hop this holiday week-end (Veterans Day) Monday. it is a 3 day hop, 11-10 - 11- 12 and I am the one on the last day. I hope you can stop by and see My very first ever banner I have ever made!! It is a very Special hop for special need children. and there are many banner makers and great work! Here is a small snip of my banner, you can see the whole picture on Monday :) See ya then!! Oh Did I mention that I will have Blog candy of my own? ;)
Posted by Rexann Menz at 10:37 AM
- ▼ November (5)
- ► 2011 (105)