My Faithful Followers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My First attempt at Glass etching


As you can see from my Photo's My vase is purple and when I tryed to do the etching with the vinyl and the rose from love struck cartridge. I could not figure out why it etching was not working after 10 minutes ( bottle said 5 Min.) So I left on for alot longer (maybe 1 1/2 hours) and when i was washing it off the purple was peeling off as well. So I just decided to leave the inside of the rose purple and remove the rest and this is what it turned out like! I am going to do the other side the same way. I had to put white paper inside to get it to show up in the photo.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting. I do quite a bit of etching. It is leaving a kewl effect. I always leave my cream on for 40-45 minutes. The five minutes on the directions does nothing.

    Thank you for following my blog.

    VindeeLoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very interesting. Last month I etched an oversized brandy glass that I bought at Micheal's forthe very first time. I left the cream on 10 minutes and it worked well. I really like the way the purple looks on the etching.
    I have been thinking how could I add color to my etching. I wil post a pic on my blog soon of my glass so you can check it out!

    Simply Cricutting

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I have been wanting to try this. You did a great job. Come check out my blog when you can. I just became a follower and can't wait to see more of your work. TFS!

    Tisha
    http://tishascraftcove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out looking really cool. I have only tried glass etching once and found it to be a bit frustrating. I guess it's a lot of trial and error.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You won my blog hop candy :) I'll need your address to send it so please get in touch. stayingcrafty@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete