Welcome to day # 3
"In the eyes of children, we find the joy of Christmas. In their hearts, we find its meaning."
As joyous as Christmas is for most families, for some, their holidays are filled with worry, medical treatments and tests, and pain -- for their child must be hospitalized or she or he needs long-term care rather than being home with their families.
For these kids, Santa doesn't slip down a chimney but rather, often comes in the guise of community volunteers who help make the season bright.
Hey all and welcome to the Christmas Banner Event!! Ellen at Card Monkey's Paper Jungle is hosting this mega event this weekend. Our assignment? To make a Christmas themed banner that will later be sent to a pediatric specialty care facility that helps special needs children.
Our wonderful sponsors are:
These sponsors have already agreed to contribute to our CHRISTMAS/WINTER HOLIDAY Blog Hop (November 10-17). Please patronize these vendors as our way of saying thanks!
- Susan Bermudez, Independent Consultant for Creative Memories, donating a $20 gift certificate for Creative Memories products from her catalog (http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/susanbermudez/).
- Lucy Kelleher, Independent Consultant for Close to My Heart, donating a $20 gift certificate for CTMH products.
- Scrappin' Madge: $25 Gift Certificate to The Scrappin Lounge Shoppe.
- Fresh Brewed Designs: Two prizes - One prize is a rubber stamp, Item #497 "Cutie Pie Ice Skating" (http://www.freshbreweddesigns.com/item_497/Cutie-Pie-Ice-Skating.htm), and the other is a $15 Digital Stamp gift card.
- The Paper Temptress (www.papertemptress.com) - Owner Patricia Dunbar will donate a $25 Gift Certificate to her online store, the Paper Temptress.
- The Pinque Peacock (www.pinquepeacock.com) - Owners Jessica Shelton will donate a gift certificate to her NEW store (products are being added daily -- watch as she grows!)
This is the line up for today:
For Monday, November 12:
- Ellen ~ CardMonkey - http://cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com/
- Marianne - http://paperorfabric.blogspot.com/
- Beckie ~ http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com/
- Tami - http://tamboscreations.blogspot.com/
- Heather D. - http://joemamainks.blogspot.com/
- Jearise - http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com/
- Susan B - http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/
- Jamie M. http://craftygirl21.blogspot.com/
- Linda Simpson - http://lindasimpsoncraftypieceofheaven.blogspot.com/
- Theresa ~ www.thescrapbookingqueen.com_
- Vicky - http://www.luvmygypsy.blogspot.com/
- Debbie T- http://debbiescrafttime.blogspot.co.uk/
- Pam Funk - http://dreamersklub.blogspot.com/
- Shelly - http://kccroppers.blogspot.com/
- Alina - http://neverstopscrapping.blogspot.com/
- Lisa L. - http://lisascreativeniche.blogspot.com/
- Nancie - http://alittlepieceofmebynancie.blogspot.com/
- Dorcas - http://craftycardangel.com/
- Debbie _http://craftydeb-ddscrafts.blogspot.com/
- Rexann - http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
I'll be sending this to Madison and the children at CHCC who are benefiting from the
I Feel the Love project in December:
I Feel the Love project in December:
I really have to admit honestly that this is my very first banner I have ever made! The banner was made from the Cricut die cutting machine and Spellbinders Poinsettia die. Love the way it turned out. The cartridge's I used was Winter Woodland for the font and for the banners the cut is from the Celebrations cartridge. I used red tulle to tie it together and attached the "merry" with glue. I found the idea on Youtube, but don't remember the gal's address, so sorry. I love that Ellen does this Banner event for specific holidays including: Halloween, Christmas (and Winter holidays), Valentine's Day and Spring Holidays . Thanks for dropping by and enjoy all the super banners that all the other participants have made. There are so many great crafty gals involved! I am giving away my own candy (very cool Candy) and if you leave me a comment telling me your favorite Banner I will have do a random pull from all my comments. and post the winner on Tuesday. I want to thank Ellen for allowing me to be part of a very special event and I am the last stop on the hop. hope you enjoy your Hoilday's with your loved ones. Now hop back to Ellen's